Bandit XL-5 RTR 1/10 Electric Buggy with ID Technology
This is the Traxxas Bandit XL-5 Ready-to-Run Electric Buggy with TQ 2.4GHz radio system, 4-amp DC peak detecting fast charger, and a 3000mAh NiMH 8.4-Volt 7-Cell battery with ID connector!
The Bandit is 100% Ready-To-Race right out of the box with the TQ 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system, waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control and Titan 12T motor. Just take the Bandit out of the box, charge up a battery, and drive!
The Traxxas Bandit redefines traditional buggy performance by creating a whole new class of Extreme Sports Buggy. Bandit offers the highest levels of speed, action, and fun that will easily make it one of your favorites for all kinds of R/C driving excitement. The lightweight Bandit chassis is loaded with an aggressive Titan 12-Turn modified motor and a high-current XL-5 Electronic Speed Control that deliver lightning-fast acceleration and incredible 35+mph* performance. Pull the trigger and Bandit rips massive rooster tails, soars over giant jumps, and lays down the power for pure performance and excitement at every turn.
Bandit is infused with the latest tech including the patent-pending Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch and Alias high-performance 2.2" racing tires. The advanced dual-pin rear, and ribbed front tread designs are engineered to work with Traxxas' exclusive rubber compounds for superior off-road traction and directional control. The industry standard 2.2" mirror-chrome Tracer wheels open the door to a wide range of tire options, including the optional Traxxas Anaconda 2.2" street treads.
- Chassis: Fiber composite bathtub style .15" (4mm) thick
- Drive: Rear wheel drive
- Motor: Traxxas Titan 12 turn modified, 550 size, TRAC3785
- Radio: Traxxas TQ 2-channel AM 27MHz pistol grip with laydown steering servo that enhances low CG design, transmitter does not have charge jack
- Speed Control: Traxxas XL-5 with reverse and Training Mode, TRAM30188
- Shocks: Ultra Shocks with powder coated White springs
- Gearbox: Sealed
- Differentials: Planetary gear type with hardened steel gears
- Transmission: Three gear variable ratio with sealed ball bearings and telescoping driveshafts
- Slipper Clutch: Revo Spec Torque-Control-adjustable to provide consistent traction control
- Tires: Alias 2.2 racing tires, stepped pin rear and ribbed front
- Wheels: 2.2" (56mm) Chrome finish Tracer 5-spoke
- Body: Traxxas ProGraphix painted body with wing
- Bumpers: Front, Black plastic
- Suspension: Live axle front with centered kingpin
- Steering: Bell-crank with laydown servo placement and servo saver
With Traxxas' exclusive waterproof electronics, Bandit can blast through puddles, mow through mud and shred snow. Your R/C adventures are limited only by your imagination. Jump it. Race it. Crash it. Bandit's legendary durability leaves everything else behind. Bandit is built Traxxas Tough to keep you off the workbench and deep in the fun zone. Plus, it's upgradeable with a full line of Traxxas factory parts and accessories for custom performance and personalization.
The Bandit is 100% Ready-To-Race right out of the box with the TQ 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system, waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control and Titan 12T motor. Just take the Bandit out of the box, add your AA batteries to the transmitter, charge up a battery, and drive!
- Traxxas Bandit Extreme XL-5 with Titan 12T motor
- speed control
- 26 tooth pinion gear
- 31 tooth optional pinion gear
- Mirror Chrome wheels
- 76 spur gear
- Instructions Manual
- Aftermarket servo adapters
- Pre-load spacers & shock pistons
- Battery pad
- Replacement screws
- Body clips and washers
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of thier exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provided the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn't have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Bandit is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Bandit.
A System of Power
Being faster is more fun! Bandit's performance comes from a system of components that are engineered to work together for efficient operation and high-output performance.
- Titan 12T 550: The Titan 12T 550 modified motor is designed for brutal mod-motor power with virtually maintenance-free operation and long-lasting performance. The Titan's integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through cooling passages molded into the motor plate. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life.
- XL-5 ESC: The waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control tames the Titan 12T with high current handling, EZ-Set one-button setup, and smooth, high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, low voltage detection for compatibility with 2-cell LiPo battery packs, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all included features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. The XL-5 is the first electronic speed control equipped with the patent-pending Training Mode that limits full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the Titan 12T motor. Bandit is perfect for drivers of any age and skill level. Only Traxxas has it.
- Traxxas High-Current Connector: The High-Current connector is more than just another connector, it's a virtual fail-safe. Each High-Current connector is specifically designed to mate with the proper charger.
- Radio Batteries: (8) AA size (transmitter)
- Battery: Traxxas Power Cell 3000mAh Battery (NiMH, 7-C Hump)
- Charger: AC/DC Timed or Peak for 6-7 cell NiCd or NiMH batteries
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
- Length: 16.25" (413mm)
- Front Track: 9.84" (250mm)
- Rear Track: 9.84" (250mm)
- Weight: 48oz (1.36 kg)
- Height (overall): 7" (178mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.25" (286mm)
- Front Shock Length: Long
- Rear Shock Length: XXLong
- Front Tires (pre-glued): Alias Ribbed 2.2"
- Rear Tires (pre-glued): Alias Step-Pin 2.2"
- Front Wheels: 2.2" Mirror-Chome (Tracer)
- Rear Wheels: 2.2" Mirror-Chome (Tracer)
- Electronic Speed Control: XL-5 Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Titan 12T 550 (12-turn 550)
- Steering Servo: #2056 High Torque Waterproof
- Receiver: #6519 3-Channel Micro
- Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 10.17)
- Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Transmission: Magnum 272
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Chassis Type: Modified Tub
- Chassis Material: Fiber-Composite
- Top-Speed: 35+mph**
- Skill Level: 1
- *Battery Tray Dimensions: 139mm x 47.5mm x 28mm
Only Traxxas could put this kind of performance, innovation, and overall value into a Ready-To-Race package that delivers the satisfaction you expect from a high-performance electric buggy. Speed, ruggedness, and stunning looks elevate Bandit far above the ordinary.