Shop By Category
Gift Cards available
gift cards available any amount... [More]
<< Go Back
|Aton Quadcopter 3000mAh 3S LiPo Fixed Mount by Traxxas
* Currently In Stock
Traxxas Aton Quadcopter 3000mAh 3S LiPo Fixed Mount, Battery and Charger
This is the Traxxas Aton RTF Quadcopter w/3000mAh 3S LiPo Fixed Mount (TRA7908)
The new Traxxas Aton brings a new all-in-one concept in the world of multi-rotors by having a sporty design and offering the features of an aerial platform. The Aton quadcopter is the second model of the Traxxas manufacturer which is mainly specialized in RC cars.
The “Plus” edition of the Aton quadcopter comes additionally with a 2-axis brushless gimbal which is a must have for aerial filming. In order to compensate the extra weight of the gimbal and camera the Traxxas Aton Plus is powered with a higher capacity battery than the “Basic” version. The 5000 mAh battery allows to the fully equipped Aton Plus about *20-25 minutes of flight autonomy. The price difference between the “Basic” and “Plus” edition is about $105.
*Results may vary. Flight times are affected by many variables such as wind, payload, and temperature.
On the rear part of the aircraft there is a nice status bar with 4 bright LEDs. It was a great idea to use pictograms instead of using simple LEDs.
Aton is your personal video assistant that captures stunning aerial footage in a way that is easy and fun, without the need for any specialized skill or experience. Aton is sporty and smart, practically flying itself with auto take off and simple, intuitive directional control. You simply direct Aton towards your subject and Aton becomes the steady hand in the sky that captures the moment from exciting new vantage points. Press a button, and Aton quickly returns to home and lands automatically.
*Aton pilots in the United States are required to register with the FAA. Registration fee may apply. To learn more, visit www.faa.gov/uas/registration.
**Registration serial # - In case anybody was wondering the serial # is the big sticker on the control board just under main cover
- Sporty design;
- Fail-safe return to home;
- One key return to home;
- Suitable for aerial filming and aerobatic flights;
- “Find me” beeper;
- Auto take off (film mode only);
- Dual-mode GPS;
- Reliable brushless motors;
- Unique status LED indicators;
- 2-axis gimbal (only with Aton Plus #7909);
- Android and iOS APP;
- Up to 28 minutes of flight time with 5000 mAh battery and without camera;
- About 20-25 minutes of flight time with camera (Plus edition with 5000 mAh);
Traxxas Aton One Quadcopter to Rule Them All?
The most exciting feature is that Traxxas somehow managed to program the Aton to be suitable for all users! Auto-take off and return will make the Aton suitable even for people with absolutely zero prior knowledge.
- Skill Level: 1, requires no previous R/C aircraft experience, no complicated setup or calibration required
- Return to Home: Activates if radio signal is lost, or if button is pressed on transmitter
- Auto Take Off: Raises Aton about 10' (3.05m) off of ground awaiting next command
- Traxxas Flight Link: Allows pilot to use their Apple iOS or Android to customize flight settings such as geofence radius, control rates and more
- Flight Modes: Three, Film, Sport and Expert
- Main Frame: Molded composite
- Motors: Sensorless brushless outrunner
- Radio: 2.4GHz 6-channel multi mode
- Lighting: High visibility LED gives pilot directional orientation
- Status Bar: Four on-board LEDs, Power On, Satellite Link Established
- Return to Home Location Set and System Status
- Camera Mount: Fixed, vibration damped bracket designed for use with
- GoPro action cameras (camera not included)
- Battery: 3000mAh 11.1V 3S LiPo 20C discharge rate, Traxxas iD charger compatible
- Battery Charger: 3A AC powered, charges included battery in approximately 1 hour
- Landing Gear: Removes easily to reduce weight if camera is not installed
- Application Support: Open source software components compatible with applications such as Mission Planner (www.dronecode.org) that allow pilots to view their flights on satellite maps, requires Micro SD card (sold separately) to capture flight logs
Your Personal Video Assistant
Three types of quad in one, easy-to-fly package. Steady aerial filming, sporty racing aerobatics, and no-holds-barred unrestricted expert flight—all in one drone with three easily-selectable modes. It is the ideal fusion of flight assistance, features, and fun.
- Ready to Fly Aton Quadcopter
- Camera Mount
- Landing Gear
- Spare Rotor Blade Set and Hardware
- Four AAA Batteries
- Illustrated instruction manual
The Aton is a 580mm large scale racing performance multi-function machine that can do it all - from high speed runs, to incredible aerial images from a birds eye view. There are 2 versions the first is the Ready-to-Fly(RTF) quad which reaches speeds of 50+ mph, has a go pro mount with dampeners, GPS, and open source software, extra tools and props, a lipo charger, and is set on their lowest skill level of easy to fly.
Aton (Model #7908):
Aton, RTF Quad-Rotor Helicopter
2.4GHz Radio System
3000mAh 3-Cell LiPo iD battery
3-Amp LiPo battery charger and AC power cord
4 Traxxas AAA alkaline batteries
Landing legs with hardware
Vibration Damped Camera mounting bracket designed for use with GoPro® action cameras*
2mm hex wrench (to assist with repairs)
Spare rotor blade set
Transmitter sticks (interchangeable with the thumb pads)
Full Color Quick-Start Guide
Complete Owner's Manual
Aton Plus (Model #7909):
^^All contents above with a couple of exceptional Upgrades^^
Upgrade to 3-Cell 5000mAh Power Cell LiPo Battery
Upgrade 2-axis Gimbal with Mount for GoPro® HERO® 3 and 4 series cameras*
**Camera not included**
- No specialized skills or experience required.
- Brushless motors
- Fixed camera mount **Camera not included**
- 3000mAh 3S Traxxas iD™ LiPo battery in enclosed compartment
- High-visibility LED lights
- LED status bar with four status indicators
- Protected GPS beneath roll hoop
- Traxxas Flight Link transforms smart device into full color graphical interface.
- Air brakes for instant recovery in sport and expert modes
- Rugged, composite construction
- Landing legs with hardware
- 2mm hex wrench (to assist with repairs)
- Spare rotor blade set
- Spare hardware
- Transmitter sticks (interchangeable with the thumb pads)
- Full Color Quick-Start Guide
- Complete Owner's Manual
With decades of experience engineering the worlds fastest Ready-to-Race radio controlled models, Aton is built to go the distance with strong composite materials and proven design methods. All the parts are available to support Aton to keep it flying for years to come.
**Differences between Aton model #7908 and Aton Plus #7909:*
*Aton Aton Plus - 3000mAh 3-Cell LiPo iD Battery
*5000mAh 3-Cell Power Cell LiPo iD Battery
*Camera Mounting Bracket Only
*Camera Mounting Bracket Only
*2-Axis Gimbal w/Mount
*Camera Not Included
REQUIRES: Nothing, everything you need is in the box!
GPS-enabled tools including:
- Return to home
- Adjustable Geofence
- Adjustable altitude limit
- Position hold
Three Modes. One Is Just Right For You
Photographer, fun flyer, or skilled trick master, Aton has a mode for everything you want to accomplish.
FILM: Aton excels at capturing beautiful video and images with easy to use control that makes getting the shot virtually effortless. No previous experience with flight or radio control is needed.
Easy-to-use. No flight experience required
Easily capture stunning photos and video with your GoPro® or other action camera (not included)
No complicated setup or calibration is needed.
Engineered for less noise and quieter operation.
Auto take off and return to home
SPORT: If you want to learn how to fly and experience a different level of fun, Sport mode unlocks full throttle control for faster, more athletic flight. Aton's 6-axis flight stability makes it easy to learn and explore, while always keeping the safety of air brakes and return to home a button press away. Press another button to perform flips and rolls make you look like a flight pro.
Sport flying for fun
Learn to fly with more pilot control
Press a button for aerobatic flips and rolls
More speed for filming fast-moving subjects
Air brakes stop and hover at the press of a button
EXPERT: Expert mode is for the most experienced pilots who truly love to fly. Expert mode unlocks Aton's full performance capability for exciting aerobatic flight, but still with the safety of air brakes and return to home. The air brake brings Aton to a full stop, hovering in place, to allow you to catch your breath and plan your next move.
Ultimate speed and performance for expert pilots
Air brakes stop and hover at the press of a button
Powerful brushless motors for incredibly athletic maneuvers
Customize settings with the Traxxas Flight Link app
- DYN1473 - 1200mAh 7.2V NiMH Battery Long with EC3: Minis
- TRA2830x - 3000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPo Battery
- TRA2849X - 4000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPo Battery
- TRA28 - 5000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 20C LiPo Battery
- TRA2970 - Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus 4amp NiMH/LiPo charger with iD Auto Battery Identification
- TRA2972 - Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus 100W NiMH/LiPo Dual charger with iD Auto Battery Identification
- Blade Circle: 22.83" (580mm)
- Rotor Diameter: 8.27" (210mm)
- Rotor Hub Distance Vertical: 10.30" (262mm)
- Rotor Center Distance Diagonal: 14.57" (370mm)
- Width: 18.57" (472mm)
- Overall Height: 3.70" (94mm)
- Height with Landing Gear: 8.57" (218mm)
- Ground Clearance: 0.11" (3mm)
- Ground Clearance with Landing Gear: 4.87" (124mm)
- Flight Weight: 30.33oz (860g)
- Flight System: Auto leveling, six axis
- Flying Range: Approximately 500' (150m)
- Radio System: 2.4GHz 6-channel, multi mode
- Flight Time w/o Camera: 18-20 minutes
- Flight Time w/GoPro HERO 4 Camera: 13-15 minutes
- (flight times vary with wind, payload, temperature and other variables)
Who is Expert mode for?
Expert mode is for a small group of the most experienced, hardcore pilots who want to take full control of Aton's incredible power and flight capabilities.
Who is Sport mode for?
You don't have to know how to fly to have fun with Aton, but if you do want to explore learning to fly, Sport mode's 6-axis flight control makes it easy. Air brakes and Return To Home are always there to help out when you need it.
What is battery iD?
Traxxas' exclusive patent pending iD system makes battery charging a snap by eliminating the need to program charger settings. Just plug in the battery and press the start button.
Documents & Manuals - Support:
Aton (7908) / Aton Plus (7909) Manual - English
Instruction Sheets - Camera and Gimbal Mount (7971) - Assembly Instructions
Aton (7908) Parts List - English
Exploded View - Aton/Aton Plus (7908/7909) Model Assembly Exploded View
Traxxas Flight Link transforms your Apple iOS® or Android™ device into a powerful tool that equips Aton with an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface.
- Check Flight Ready StatusCheck battery levels and verify GPS and radio connections
- Adjust Film Mode SpeedFine-tune your settings by simply touching and dragging the sliders on the screen
- Navigate the Transmitter Menu TreeEasily navigate the transmitter settings with a full-color graphical user interface
- Adjust LED SettingsTurn the LEDs on or off from your smart phone
- Adjust RatesTune how fast and responsive Aton is in Sport and Expert modes
- Set the Geofence RadiusDesignate virtual boundaries for Aton
- Set the Flight Ceiling (Max altitude)Set a vertical flight limit
- Monitor Battery StatusSee how much charge is left in your battery
MODEL 7908: Traxxas Aton™ Quad-Rotor Helicopter, Ready-To-Fly, with 2.4GHz Radio System, 3-Cell 3000mAh Power Cell LiPo Battery, and 3-amp AC LiPo Battery Charger.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed