We endeavour to present the most recent, most accurate, and most reliable information on our website at all times. However, there may be occasions when some of the information featured may contain incomplete data, typographical errors, or inaccuracies. Any errors are wholly unintentional and we apologise if erroneous information is reflected in merchandise price or item availability. We try to ensure that all pricing on the website is accurate, but occasionally an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced.
If we discover that a pricing error has been made, we reserve the right to suspend your order and contact you to ask whether you wish continue with the order at the correct price. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price. We present our content 'as is' and make no claims to its accuracy, either expressed or implied. We reserve the right to amend errors or to update product information at any time without prior notice.
Smithsonian 4-Cylinder Engine Build a Working by Nsi International
* Currently In Stock
Smithsonian motor - works.-Build a working model of a 4 - cylinder engine.-Valves rock, spark plugs fire and pistons drive crankshaft.-Battery operated moving parts and lights.-Watch the spark plugs fire and the valves open and close.-See how the pistons fire with the correct timing and watch the belts and fan turn.-Build a real working battery powered with real lights and sounds.-Uses 2 'AA' batteries, not included.-Ages 8 and up.
Watch the spark plugs fire
Watch the valves open and close
See how the pistons fire
Watch the belts and fan turn
Recommended for ages 10 years old and up
(2) Washers (2) Shafts in various lengths
(4) Exhaust valves (4) Intake valves
(8) Valves stems (4) Piston pins
(8) Piston halves (4) Connecting rod keepers
(4) Connecting rods (8) Timing Cams
(8) Rocker arms (1) Crankshaft
(1) Crankshaft pulley (1) Fan pulley
(1) Fan (1) Engine mounting stand
(5) Bearings (1) Clutch housing
(1) Oil pan (1) Lower crankcase
(1) Rocker arm cover (1) Upper cylinder head
(1) Timing belt (1) Timing wheel
(1) Timing gear (1) Belt tensioning pulley
(1) Lower cylinder head (1) Cylinder block
(1) Dipstick (1) Positioning jig
(1) Timing belt cover (1) Intake manifold
(1) Exhaust manifold (1) Carburetor cover
(1) Carburetor bowl (1) Front half of water pump
(1) Rear half of water pump (1) Flywheel clutch
(1) Fan belt (1) Head gasket
(8) Valve springs (1) Distributor assembly
(1) Drive module (1) Battery pack
(67) Screws (1) Color poster with instructions
Smithsonian science kit recommended for ages 10 years and up
Age: 8 - 11 Years
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 2.95
Model No.: 49013
Build a real working battery powered 4-cylinder model engine with real lights and sounds. Watch the spark plugs fire and the valves open and close. See how the pistons fire with the correct timing and watch the belts and fan turn. Includes over 100 parts that screw together easily, and detailed instructions. For ages 8 and up. WARNING!
Due to small parts that could cause a choking hazard please keep away from children 3 years of age and younger.